Saturday, September 20, 2008
Aniah's 2nd ER Visit!!!
Our second trip to the ER involves quite an interesting scenario. We were on our way to Sheldon to have supper with Heidi's family. On the way there Aniah was playing with a beaded bracelet that she had gotten somewhere. While she was playing with it, the bracelet broke and the beads went everywhere. I figured I would just clean it up later, and told her not to stick any in her mouth. I looked back at Aniah, and she was doing something weird with her nose. I thought to myself, no way did she just stick a bead up there. I asked her if she had, and she responded with a yes. That is her typical answer for everything these days so I didn't think anything of it. I still suspected she had though, and decided to just wait till we got to Heidi's parents house to investigate it further since we were only 10 minutes away. Well, in that 10 minutes Aniah fell asleep. We arrived at Heidi's parents and I got a flashlight while Heidi held her down, and my suspicions were finally confirmed. She had indeed stuck a bead from the bracelet in her nose. It was a clear bead so it was somewhat hard to see. We tried several different methods to remove the bead with no success. I hated to do it, but we made the decision to drive into town and go to the ER to have a professional remove it. They wrapped Aniah in a blanket so her arms wouldn't get in the way and in a matter of 10 seconds the bead was out and Aniah was back to her normal self. That is what we least expected to happen today, but as always with children, you never know what is going to come up. The remainder of the evening was relaxing and it didn't even seem to phase Aniah.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hello! I found your site from Katelyn's Fund and am excited to follow your family's journey! I just had to comment on this one. My Sierra shoved a battery (the flat round kind) up her nose at 4 yo. The local ER couldn't get it and we had to go to Sioux City to get it out. Ugh! Glad it didn't take them long to get it, but it's still stressful. Sierra always said she'd never do that again...and thankfully she hasn't! Of course, Tye did stick a pebble in his ear...
Post a Comment