Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Eden is 1 and Aniah is 3

Wow, how time flies! Eden turned one on the 11th. We celebrated by going out for pizza and playing outside. I can't believe she is one! I remember clearly the day we traveled to North Carolina to pick her up, which is actually one year tomorrow, the 21st. She was all wrapped up when they brought her in to us. Besides thinking she is so cute, I also thought she is so white!! :) She is so much fun. She is learning many new things every day. She is crawling everywhere and pulling herself up on everything. She is full of energy and very happy (with us). She is still not too fond of being with other people or being in large crowds. She is our sensitive girly girl! She tips over and screaming and cries very loudly! She is waving bye bye, throwing things down and saying "uh ah" she plays peek a boo by putting her hands over her eyes, and loves to play with her sister and with toys. She has brought so much joy to our lives and the love we have for her is more than words can express. Eden, we prayed for you and waited for you. Because of the selflessness of your birth mother, we have you to bless our life.

Aniah turned 3 yesterday. Besides both girls having colds right now, we celebrated by watching "the cowboy" (Toy Story), playing outside in the wind and sun, going out for supper with our good friends and Aniah friend "Clexis" and then playing at the park together. We also celebrated their birthdays together on Saturday by going to the Tulip Festival and having an Ariel party. I will have Ryan post some pictures soon! I can't believe how old Aniah is. I remember waiting for that little girl to come into our lives for some painful years. I clearly remember the moment they brought her into us as well. She was just perfect, as she still is! She is full of energy, extremely independent and strong willed, very animated. She loves to play outside, play with toys, has a wonderful imagination and is so kind and loving to her sister (well most days) some days when Eden gets into "her" things she can get quite upset with her. But they play together already which is so fun to see. Aniah loves to watch movies and read books. We are working on balancing t.v. time with reading and playing time! She has gotten rid of her paci's. The first night we went upstairs without them, she yelled "I want my paci's and I am NOT 3" Hard not to laugh at that. She has been doing well though, besides it taking FOREVER for her to fall asleep. She is friendly (most days), outgoing, energetic, and compassionate. She is the classic oldest child! Aniah - how you have blessed our life. We prayed for you, we waited for you and God answered all of our prayers with you and Eden. We love you sweetie!

Since one of the families that I am working with just got a baby boy, Ryan of all people has been having baby fever. We originally said we were going to wait till Eden was three to start the process to adopt another child, but in the end we have learned that our plan is not always God's plan. Soo we are not starting again, just think God is planting those seeds that our plan is not His plan and we want to follow HIS plan! There are days believe me that I feel crazy to even think of starting again, but then I see the need and hear the need and my heart is tugged hard! God knows the plans He has for our family and we are excited to see how His plans, not our plans, unfold!

I will have Ryan download some pictures of the birthday girls! Please pray for all those families in the adoption process. It is a hard road. Pray for all those waiting for a child. Pray for those who have welcomed children into their home and are adjusting to those changes. Pray for God to lead our family in what His plans are for us. Pray for more families to be raised up and be called to adopt a child. Pray for more birth mothers who need guidance to find their way to me!!

Enjoy this hot and windy Wednesday!

No comments: