Monday, July 28, 2008

Baptism





Yesterday we had Eden't baptism. It was a very special time for us and our family to celebrate the amazing gift God has given us and to promise to raise her in the way of the Lord. I will get Ryan to post some pictures of how beautiful she was- I have not yet learned how to post pictures!! Something Ryan is supposed to be teaching me- when he is home some night! This week is really relaxed, I have to work one afternoon and the rest will be home with the girls. I love being home more, it is such a blessing. For bapitsm my sister Kerry sang a song that we chose. The song is "Into the Arms of Love" by Sandi Padilla. I found it on an adoption music cd we have with many different artists on it, all with songs about adoption. If I knew how to post a youtube video I would do that too, but maybe Ryan can add it later, because the song is on there with a video.

You can watch the video by clicking below:

Arms of Love


The words to the song are as follows:

When I was just a baby
My dear momma couldn't raise me
So she placed me in the arms of Jesus
He gently rocked and held me
And lovingly He told me, "I've found you a special family"

Into the Arms of Love that never let me go
I've always known this is where I belong
Something to trea--sure and always remember
You carried me into the Arms of Love

Now mom and dad were praying
For a little one like me
And they reached out to the Arms of Jesus
They gently rocked and held me
And lovingly they told me
"You're special, a gift from God so sweet"

Into the Arms of Love that never let me go
I've always known this is where I belong
Something to trea--sure and always remember
You carried me into the Arms of Love

Now we are all like children and we have a loving Father
And He wants to place us in the Arms of Jesus
Can you hear Him call so tender, "I'll forgive you and I'll
Never ever leave you or forsake you...you're my own"

Into the Arms of Love that never let me go
I've always known this is where I belong
Something to treas -- ure and always remember
You carried me…..
into the Arms of Love

It took me a while to pick a song with the "right" adoption language. I do not feel it is appropriate to say that a birth mother gave up thier child. They lovingly chose an adoption plan for thier child because they wanted them to have a better life than they could give them, so I thought this song also respected the choice that Eden's birth mother made because she loved her so much. We had a very hard time choosing between this song and the song by Mark Schultz "Everything to Me" this song also has an amazing video to go with it on youtube! Where is Ryan when I need him! :) Well thank you to everyone who helped us in our adoption process and celebrated with us the gift of Eden Elizabeth Hope.

You can watch Mark Schultz's video by clicking below:

No comments: