Saturday, July 25, 2009

She walks!

Yesterday Eden stood up in the middle of the floor and started to walk. She is now taking about 5-6 steps in a row, so we will classify this as walking!! YAY Eden! She still looks like a mummy, but it's pretty cute. She thinks she's pretty cute too, laughing after she falls down. I am convicted afresh to update this blog more often! What a way to keep a journal for our family and keep everyone updated on our lives. I was probably inspired by my sister starting to blog!!

This summer has been pretty busy. The girls and I enjoyed a trip to Michigan two weeks ago to visit my sister and her family. We had a great time and Aniah and Eden loved playing with Dorian and Levi. We even got to go to the beach, even though Eden ate the sand and Aniah was fearless and would have dove straight into the water without a thought. It was a long car ride but lots of fun.

On the days we are home we are enjoying playing outside. Aniah loves to be outside and loves to go the park or just play with toys in the back yard. Eden just crawls around and also loves being outside.

A new exciting development is that we have finally gotten in contact with Aniah's birth siblings, who were also placed for adoption with a family in Iowa and a family in Minnesota. It has been so fun to share photos of the kids and compare how much they look alike, as well as compare their personalities, which also sound a lot the same. We are excited for this new chapter in our lives and excited that Aniah will have this connection to her biological family members. We are going to be meeting them and visiting together on the 15th and 16th. We are going to Minneapolis for a fun visit. We are thrilled Aniah will have this connection.

I have been working a fair amount. Some weeks more than enough over weeks are slow. I have one home study right now, so more would be great!! Then I am working with three birth mother's. Two in Sioux City and one in Spirit Lake. Pray for them as they consider making a placement plan for their babies, and the difficulty of that choice. Still love my job, what could be better than doing a job that I have such a connection and commitment to.

Ryan has been working a lot as well. Trying to provide for this family of ours!! He has also enjoyed a few golfing trips and still is very active with the ambulance squad.

Again- I can't post pictures on here, I know I need to learn!! :) But I will try to get Ryan to post some pictures on here again. We take tons of pictures!! I send photos of Eden to her birth mom every few weeks, so pictures are abundant around here. You can never have too many of the memories we are making. As the girls are getting so big, I am reminded how fast they grow up. I try to enjoy every day with them and celebrate every little accomplishment. Oh- forgot to mention Aniah is doing very well with potty training!! YAY!! Finally to that too!! She is a big girl now with panties!!

I promise to post again soon!! :)

No comments: